Thursday, May 8, 2014

A blind date... and a few snow cones later...

So I first started this blog my freshmen year of college, as you can tell I did pretty terrible at being consistent, but I look back and love reading my old post, plus I enjoy writing so I figured I would continue blogging but now... I have something a lot more exciting to write about... :) I got marrrriiieeeddd! Let me first give a little background to the name of the blog, then I'll go on to tell the story of how Kory and I came to be.

After he and I dated for a while he invited me to go back to Virginia, where his family lives, over new years eve. At this point I was in denial of of how seriously I really liked Kory and all my siblings were grilling me... "your going to Virginia to meet his family, must be pretty serious... blah blah blah" and all I along I would just tell them what he told me... "it was nothing serious, he has flown girls back there before, its just a fun trip... blah blah blah." My sister in law asked what his name was and I said Kory Aldous (pronounced all-dis) thinking she was so funny and witty she asks... "oh does he say to you all the time.. 'do you want all dis?'" so, hence the name "Aldous and more" which can sound like "all dis and more" which properly translates to "all of this and more" ha so cheesy, but I thought it was clever. :)

Anyways, Kory and I met on a blind date back in March of 2012. I'll just go ahead and admit, I was a terrible date. I was tired, not interested and dealing with serious drama and I said yes to the set up because I knew I needed to be out and dating and meeting people. After the date we didn't really talk, but we did become friends on fb and we followed each other on twitter and instagram. A couple of comments and replies on social media is what kept him in the picture. My friend Megan and her Fiance (at the time) Carlos set us up. Carlos was in Spain, and Megan would talk to Kory and get us all together to hang out every once in a while. (She is the one that thought he was so awesome and wanted us to date so badly). Well, Megan soon left to Spain and I was living in Provo knowing no one and she gave me Kory's number and told me to hang out with him. So we did, he was SO fun to hang out with. I was only 19 turning 20 at the time, he was 24 turning 25 and I was NOT interested in dating anyone exclusively and getting serious, but despite me trying not to, I began to develop a huge crush.

We had our first kiss that summer of 2012 and that's when things kind of hit off. We continued to date and hang out for another... I dunno six months. Never becoming exclusive because I felt like I still needed to explore and date more. But, deep down I knew I wanted to be his girlfriend but denied it, and ultimately he told me he wasn't looking for anything serious either, so that kind of shot it down and made me a little sad. Anyways later on he invited me to Virginia over Christmas break. Again originally this was supposed to be a not serious thing so I agreed. However this is when we really hit it off and pretty much admitted to each other how much we really liked and cared for each other. It was three weeks after we got back from Virginia that we became "official". We talked about marriage, I freaked out and broke up with him twice (it was awful, I hated life. haha) but eventually we continued to talk about it. He left for his internship in Green Bay in July of 2013 and it was this time apart that made me realize that I wanted to marry him.

November 15, 2013 I said yes and I don't regret my decision, nor will I ever. Kory is patient, ambitious, incredibly faithful and so much more.

Were gonna have the funnest eternity together :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home