Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bali and Singapore

No words could adequately describe how awesome our honeymoon was. Whenever people commented on my pictures that I posted while we were there saying.."this is like straight off an episode of the bachelor." uhhh it really was. I had never traveled out of the country before, and Kory, who has lived out of the country and traveled out of the country several times had the major travel bug and was determined to go somewhere pretty incredible for our honeymoon. He spent hours upon hours drawing up an itinerary, getting the best deals and working his magic so that we could maximize our experience. He did amazing.

We got married on a Friday and left bright and early the next morning. We flew to LAX had a couple hour layover there where we took a Thai airway flight to South Korea. I have never seen cuter flight attendants and the airplane food wasn't even that bad. Between Southwest, Alaskan Airlines, United, Singapore Airlines, and THAI... THAI was by far the best flight. From South Korea we stopped in Bangkok for about a 8 hour layover. Let me just sum up those three days of being in the air and in airports... I didn't sleep hardly an ounce. I cannot sleep on planes. I looked pretty beat by the time we landed in Bali on Monday. 

My first impressions of Bali were A. Is warm and humid (which I loved) and B. How in the heck are we not in a car accident right now. The roads were crazy. No one stayed in a lane, hundreds of little scooters were weaving in and out of traffic, my little naive American self was thinking this was complete chaos. 

I can't remember exactly where in Bali our villa was, but it was in a poorer area, but don't be fooled, our villa was beautiful. We could walk literally into a pool right outside the master bedroom. We spent first day walking around the area and getting the cheapest yet best massages. Well, I got a $6 pedi and Kory got a 90 minute massage for like $10. Awesome. The next day we took about an hour walk to the beach. We were pretty much the only white people around and we would occasionally see another white person who I usually presumed to be a surfer beach bum from Australia. The beach we went to in Bali was beautiful. The sand wasn't as white and soft, but the water was perfect. Overall, I loved the scenery in Bali. Super green and just beautiful.

The next day we took a taxi to a place in... Semenyak? I think that's where it was. Where we took a boat out to a couple of islands off of Bali.This was probably my favorite day. While I was a major snorkeling noob and didn't last very long out in the water, it was still so incredible. We were with a bunch of Australians on the boat and they said the snorkeling we experienced is as good as the great barrier reef. SO COOL. We also toured one of the smaller islands where all the people that live there fish seaweed for a living. Literally all day everyday. This seaweed is shipped to other countries for cosmetic purposes.

Later that night we stayed at an incredible hotel in Semenyak and did a little bargain shopping. Oh man, if only I could have that shower and bath tub that we had in that hotel, super awesome.

The next day we traveled up to Ubud where we went to the monkey forest, shopped, and RODE AN ELEPHANT. My all time dream came true that night. We stayed at the Elephant Safari Lodge that night where the elephant freaking picked us up from our room and took us to dinner. HAHA! so awesome. The next morning before we flew out to Singapore we gave little Boris (our elephant) a quick bath before heading out (No big deal or anything, bathing an elephant). 

Now onto Singapore, Kory lived there for a couple years during high school for his Dad's job and fell in love with it and since then has always wanted to go back. Lets just say, I fell in love with Singapore too. It would have been a lot more fun if we were loaded and I could have stopped at the Kate Spade, Michael Kors, or Prada stores that were basically on every corner, but I decided to not torture myself and to not even walk in. Singapore is a big fat giant mall basically. This is probably why I loved it so much. 

We stayed at the Conrad while in Singapore. The breakfast buffet... uh I've never experienced a better breakfast buffet in my life. Excuse me, can I have my own personal chef make me an omelet every morning? Thanks.

My favorite day in Singapore was the day we went out to Kory's old stomping grounds. I can't really explain why, but it was so fun walking through his old high school, standing in front of his old house and walking down to the 7 eleven he went to every day to get Hi Chews and slurpees. He told me old memories and stories and showed me where they happened and all that, it was fun :)

We also went to the bird park, zoo, and botanic gardens... all of which were pretty awesome. Our trip came to an end and the two days of flying home were.... rough. waking up at 3:00 am singapore time and not getting any sleep till getting back to Utah two days later... haha I was beat. BUT it was all so worth it. For my first time being experiencing being out of the country, I'm not sure I will every be able to top it. 

Anyways... this is the longest and probably most boring post ever. But I had to share details. It was just that amazing of a trip.

While at the monkey forest, Bali
 While on our boat ride out to the islands, Bali
 While on our walk to the beach, Bali
 Beaching it up in Bali
 More of the boat trip, suuuper blue water, Bali
 Lion fish? maybe, Bali
 Boris
 Island with the seaweed fishers, Bali
 Bathing Boris
 The shower/bath at our hotel in Semenyak, Bali
 SNORKELING 
 The MRT/the best transportation system ever, Singapore
 Walking in Chinatown, Singapore
 Overlooking downtown in Singapore
Orchard Rd. Known for its incredible shopping
 Kory's old house
Botanic Gardens... ps in that green bag... 3 pairs of shoes for $30

 Pretty flower at the Botanic Gardens, Singapore
 Kory was stoked about these penguins at the Singapore bird park
 Bird park
This little guy snuck up right behind us.
 Dinner in Bali
 Breakfast buffet in Singapore, this doesn't even show half.
 Access to the business lounge where we munched on this everyday in the afternoon while in Singapore
Eating Stingray while out and about in Singapore

1 Comments:

Blogger Bree said...

Do you even know what "That little guy is"...? I can tell you.... "La-mur"

May 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home